My Mom's Amazing Healthy Eggplant Parm
(made from honest, happy Amish eggplants)
1. Wash eggplants and cut them into thin rounds.
2. Set out a pie tin filled with buttermilk and some skim milk (to thin the mixture just a bit)
3. Set out another pie tin filled with bread crumbs, italian spices, and parmesan cheese.
3. Dip the eggplants in the milk mixture, then the breadcrumb mixture; then set them on an un-greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 400 degrees until they start browning a little, then flip them and do the same for the other side.
5. In our oven, it usually takes close to an hour to bake.
6. Serve with my mom's mostacholi sauce (Sorry, that one's a secret!)
The milk instead of oil and baking instead of frying makes this super healthy. The eggplant is not goupy and soft like in a restaurant, which I appreciate.